If you are looking for an alternative to dentures and would like to replace your missing teeth, 牙科植入物 may be for you. Dental implants are a popular long-term method for restoring your smile. Many people decide to get dental implants after they have experienced loss of teeth due to variety of reasons. Dental implants give you back your freedom from missing teeth.
Who gets dental implants?
Those who are in overall good health and are looking for a long-term solution for their missing teeth are candidates for dental implants. This includes those who are tired of dentures and are looking for a more comfortable and convenient alternative.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages of getting dental implants, 包括:
- 方便: dental implants are a long-term option for replacing missing teeth. They have the added benefit of being a permanent fixture in your mouth unlike dentures that can be abrasive to the gums and can cause difficulty speaking.
- Easier eating: you may have found that eating has become more difficult with missing teeth. A dental implant allows for more efficient chewing and will allow you to enjoy your favorite foods once again.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like real teeth. They can be designed with the same color and shape as your surrounding teeth, making them natural looking
- Confidence: Dental implants can give you a youthful appearance and increased self-esteem. You may find yourself smiling more than ever with your new implants.
How do I care for my dental implant?
The great thing about dental implants is that they require the same care as real teeth. This means regular brushing, flossing and routine dental checkups. If taken care of properly, your new implant can last you a lifetime!
If you are interested in dental implants, contact San Francisco Dental Group at JT 牙组电话号码 415-759-7888 to set up a dental implant consultation.
Sometimes we skip a tooth brushing every now and then, which may seem like no big deal. While, in the grand scheme of things, it may seem like missing a tooth brushing here in there isn’t the end of the world, it may lead to unhealthy dental habits, which eventually could result in serious dental damage! By adopting healthy, regular dental habits, you can lower your chance of tooth decay and cavities. Here are some helpful tips towards a healthy, happier smile!
Brush and Floss Regularly:
You should brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and floss once. If you want to have impeccable oral hygiene, you may also brush your teeth after each meal or snack. If brushing isn’t a post-meal option for you, thoroughly rinsing your mouth with water will help as well.
Using mouthwash twice a day after brushing is a great way wash away leftover bacteria and give your mouth that super clean feel.
Eat Tooth-healthy Foods:
信不信由你, there are certain foods that are good for your teeth and will help to strengthen them and fight against bacteria and plaque build-up. Some foods that will benefit your dental health include but are not limited to: fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese, unsweetened coffee, 茶, and sugar-free gum.
Make Routine Dental Visits:
Professional teeth cleanings and dental check-ups should be scheduled for every six months. If you have a history of dental issues, or if you know you need special attention, visiting your dentist more often than every six months may be best for you.
Consider Dental Sealants:
During your next dental visit, ask about dental sealants. Dental sealants will seal up small grooves and nooks in your teeth, preventing bacteria build-up in those hard to reach places. They can also help prevent tooth decay and can last up to ten years with proper dental care!
If you have any questions about your oral health, please give us a call at JT 牙组电话号码 415-759-7888.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums, a very common and early form of periodontal disease. It causes infection and inflammation of the gum and teeth tissue, the periodontal ligaments that connect your teeth to the bone and the tooth sockets.
When there is a long-standing build up of plaque on your teeth, that’s when gingivitis can creep in. This is why brushing and flossing daily is a key component to the prevention and treatment of gingivitis. If plaque is not removed from the teeth, it turns into tartar, 或微积分, which gets trapped at the base of your teeth and can cause tender, infected, and swollen gums. Left untreated, gingivitis can turn into periodontitis and cause receding gums.
Brushing and flossing twice daily will help to prevent plaque buildup. If plaque is left too long on your teeth, it can form a hard outer shield, which locks in bacteria and can be very difficult to penetrate. If the plaque hardens, it can only be removed by your dentist. This is one of the many reasons why it is so important to get a professional teeth cleaning every six months!
What are factors that can increase my risk for Gingivitis?
- Poor Nutrition
- Substance Abuse
- Gender- woman are more likely to suffer from gingivitis due to their hormonal changes
- Certain medications
- Swollen and tender gums
- Shiny gums
- Bleeding gums- especially while brushing and flossing
- Mouth sores
- Receding gums
If you are currently or have recently experienced any of these symptoms, make an appointment with your Periodontist as soon as possible and make sure to keep up with your routine dental cleanings. Practicing proper dental hygiene is a great way to treat and prevent gingivitis from occurring in the first place as well as preventing it from progressing any further. Brushing and flossing twice daily is the biggest step you can take towards a healthier, happier smile!
A recent study from a university in Brazil has found that women who take estrogen for osteoporosis are 44% less likely to have severe periodontitis. While it is well known that hormone levels occurring throughout a woman’s lifetime will affect her gums, this study is one of the first to find that estrogen, specifically, may prevent gum disease.
Women and Gum Health
Women go through numerous changes in hormone levels throughout their lives. Some of the most obvious and well known of these changes are puberty, the menstruation cycle, pregnancy and menopause. 举个例子, girls going through puberty often experience irritated gums, as do pregnant women.
Osteoporosis is the weakening of bones. The disease is often attributed to hormonal changes in postmenopausal women, or to a vitamin D or calcium deficiency.
The study was conducted at the University of Bahia in Brazil, and published in Menopause: The Journal of the North American Menopause Society (7 月 2017 issue, Vol. 24). Examining the cases of 500 postmenopausal women with osteoporosis, 113 of whom chose estrogen therapy for treatment, researchers followed the women for a year. Among other findings, which included the importance of income and dental visit frequency on periodontitis, was the finding that those who received estrogen therapy were much less likely to have severe gum disease.
What does this mean?
The results offer great information for those of us in oral (and other) health fields. They help us to better understand and possibly predict gum issues, and may even lead someday to updated recommendations for periodontal care in women.
Should I be on estrogen?
Not necessarily. While the link appears to be a good one, periodontal disease alone is not enough to warrant hormone replacement therapy in women. Regular check-ins with your physician are the only way to know if you need estrogen replacement therapy.
We are happy to bring you the latest in periodontal news! Please call our office with any questions you may have about your care.
你刚刚得到了你的牙套, 现在你迫不及待地炫耀你的新的珍珠白色. 然而, 你的牙医刚刚告诉你, 你必须开始穿你的固定. 你有点勉强, 但你意识到保持在完美状态的牙齿的重要性. 这里有几件事情, 你应该记住, 现在你是一个新的和自豪的保留业主.
- 进食前取出你的牙齿. 某些食物不仅会造成伤害, 但也可以得到卡住的固定. 在进食前一定要取下保持器, 并妥善存放.
重要注意事项: 当你外出就餐时, 试着带上你的固定箱. 这样你就不用把固定在餐巾纸上了, 不小心把它扔掉了。. 没人认为这会发生在他们身上, 但它总是.
- 清洁您的固定器. 如果你不好好清洁你的固定器, 它可能导致您有口臭, 从来没有人想要. 当你刷牙的时候, 取下固定器, 用牙刷刷下来. 下一个, 你应该在安全的清洁剂中浸泡你的牙齿, 如假牙清洁剂. 这将有助于摆脱不必要的细菌. 如果你没有一个清洁剂尝试混合的苏打和水. 这将使工作完成.
- 玩运动时, 把你的固定器换成护嘴. 任何时候, 你玩任何可能导致你的嘴的损害, 你应该总是戴着护嘴保护 (不是固定器). 重要注意事项: 当游泳运动或只是为了好玩, 取下你的固定器, 避免它滑出, 并得到丢失.
这些只是一些提示和技巧, 你应该记住, 当你有一个固定. 如果你有什么问题或问题, 如何妥善照顾你的固定电话我们的办公室. 我们很乐意帮助, 我们更高兴给你一个以上的固定箱.
你可能听说过 牙科植入物 是一种最有效的方法来取代丢失或损坏的牙齿. 牙科植入是一个很好的选择很多不同的情况, 但当是得到一个牙科植入的最佳选择为您? 在一些情况下, 接受植入物可能是改善你的微笑的最佳选择.
牙科植入物通常由三部分组成: 该员额, 桥台, 和恢复. 柱子是插入骨头的螺丝. 桥台附着在柱子上, 修复被放在上面, 给成品一个美丽的, 逼真的外观.
牙种植体的主要功能之一是恢复微笑回到原来的荣耀. 它们的寿命比牙科桥梁还要长. 如果你正在寻找一个永久性的解决方案损坏或缺失的牙齿, 牙科植入物是你最好的选择.
To protect and preserve a healthy jawbone.
Missing spaces in your smile can lead your jawbone to deterioration, which causes it to lose its strength. Dental implants are the only option which will protect and save your natural bone. Waiting to get a dental implant can continue to increase the chances of your jawbone not being able to support dental implants in the future.
To stop your teeth from shifting.
Losing a tooth can cause the surrounding teeth to shift and look unnatural. These teeth can become crowded or can be shifted unevenly. This can cause your teeth to become harder to clean and can also cause your face to sag and appear sunken.
These are just a few of the instances in which you should consider getting dental implants. 牙科植入物是目前最有用和成功的修复方案之一. 有关如何通过牙科植入物恢复您的微笑的更多信息, 今日联系我们.
我们得到它-牙线可以是一个痛苦, 即使没有括号的方式. 那么怎么做的人用牙套清洁他们的牙龈和在他们的牙齿之间适当? 有这么多的选择, 以清洁在你的牙齿, 所以不要感到沮丧的繁琐的任务用牙套!
- 蜡牙线. 这种牙线不太可能被夹在你的大括号的金属框架. If you have issues threading the floss through the wires between your teeth, try using a floss threader. Floss threaders make it much easier to get floss behind your wires.
- Water Flosser. Threading floss through each wire separating your teeth can be a tedious task. If you don’t have the patience, or you simply just do not want to use floss – try a water flosser. A water flosser shoots a stream of water out, which when directed between your teeth and gums, cleans out those areas, freeing them of plaque and food debris.
- Proxy Brush. Proxy brushes have the feathery top attached to a wire. These tools are meant to clean hard to reach areas, such as in between your wires. While a proxy brush isn’t the ideal alternative to regular flossing, it still helps to clean those stubborn areas! Before you abandon flossing altogether, at least give the proxy brush a try. Your teeth won’t regret it once you get your braces off! Pro-tip: put some toothpaste on your proxy brush!
Before you ditch flossing altogether, give these options a try! Then when you get your braces off, your smile will be radiant and healthy. And remember, you can always call us for any advice or suggestions about your flossing needs!
恢复时间种植牙手术后，往往会不同, 但通常基于的牙齿被植入量, 无论需要植骨和个人和他们恢复的管理. 幸运的是, 科学和技术落后的牙科植入物近几年有显著, improving post-surgery pain and comfort for patients.
The patient requiring the least amount of recovery time would be one who had a standard, single dental implant placed with no bone grafting. With a simple procedure like this one, there is very little discomfort or pain after the surgery. Mild bruising and soreness can occur, but is typically manageable with over the counter pain relievers. In more severe implant cases, such as those where multiple teeth are implanted or severe bone grafting needed in order to accomplish the implant, the recovery time tends to be longer and the discomfort can be more intense.
In any cases, it is important to keep your mouth clean after surgery, which can be done by rinsing your mouth gently with salt water beginning the day 后 surgery. You may begin brushing your teeth the night after the surgery, but make sure to keep it light around the surgery area as to not disrupt the healing in that area. It is also important to remember that in the week following your surgery, there should be no smoking and no sucking through a straw, as this can seriously inhibit your healing process. It is important to stick to a diet primarily consisting of soft foods for the first 7-10 days following your surgery before beginning to return to your normal diet.
As you can see, the recovery process after receiving a dental implant is fairly predictable and comfortable. It is important to follow the instructions that we give you at San Francisco Dental Group, and to always remember that if you have any questions or concerns regarding a procedure or following your surgery, you can always give us a call!
刷牙和使用牙线剔牙每天可以保持你的微笑，光亮和白色. 然而, 你可能已经注意到，即使你照顾你的牙齿很大, 他们看起来有点黄，失去了自己的闪光点. 这是完全正常的. 在这里 5 为什么这可能发生在你的原因.
- Food and Drinks: Coffee, tea and red wine play a major role in staining your teeth. They all have Chromogens, which are intense color pigments that attach to the white outer part of your tooth known as enamel.
Tip: Drink with a straw, keeping those stain-causing dyes in the drink away from your teeth
- Tobacco Use: The two chemicals found in tobacco, tar and nicotine, create a tough stain. Tar is naturally dark. Nicotine is colorless, but when it’s mixed with oxygen, it creates a yellowish color. Both together create the stain.
- Age: Below the white shell of enamel on our teeth is a softer area called Dentin. Over the years, our outer enamel gets thinner from brushing and the yellowish dentin shows through.
- Trauma: If you have experienced an injury to the mouth, your tooth may change color. This is because your tooth reacts to the trauma by putting down more dentin, which is darker than the outer enamel on your teeth.
- Medications: Many different kind of medications come with the side effect of darkening your teeth. 还, children who are exposed to medication when their teeth are forming, either in the womb or as a baby, can experience discoloration of their adult teeth later in life.
Some of these reasons are preventable and some of these happen over the course of life. Try to avoid some of these things and continue to brush and floss your teeth every day. If you would like to discuss your teeth whitening options with us, please call one of our offices to schedule an appointment.